Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Daughter's Visit Sparks Treasure Hunt of sorts...

California Vacations are a lot of fun. My daughter Jenna and her new son Wyatt came to visit us in November to hang out and spend some time together. While visiting Northern California Jenna and I went to many second hand haunts on a "treasure hunt" of sorts looking for excellent bargains. My favorite shop is the Cancer Discovery thrift stores that are scattered throughout the state. We also went to Cross Roads and Freestyle were all three daughters found bargains for their holiday enjoyment. They are cool fun places to take your 17-27 year old friends!

http://www.freestyleclothing.com/


While on the topic of shopping, our family has been trying to be more "earth" conscious. We try and take shopping bags with us so that we do not keep gathering those non recyclable plastic bags. My grandson, Beau (at left), welcomed his new cousin to our home with goofy outstretched arms from one of my favorite earth friendly bags that is branded with images of California. This one is really roomy and large enough for the bigger purchases (obviously--lol).

While Jenna and Wyatt were here we went to my very favorite small local restaurant located inside pottery World. Jenna and I like to go there for lunch and I always order the yummy hamburger. It is home made, large and perfectly accompanied with fresh tomato, pickles and lettuce. I always add cheese to mine. After we eat we wander through the always inspiring Pottery World store -- you can get lots of ideas for decorating. We always go in October/November to get us motivated to start planning our Christmas holiday decorating.

(At right -- my grandson Wyatt and I)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home