Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Why I like Facebook and Not MySpace!

I started with social media by joining MySpace. It is was a great place to share information and be somewhat “hip” with my kids. But when I discovered FACEBOOK, well my days of rushing to check my MySpace were over!

Why I like Facebook better:

I like Facebook because I can reconnect with old friends I lost touch with a long time ago and have really, really missed. The search feature seems to work better to locate those friends and more importantly I don't have to connect with those I don’t know or don't want to hang out with. Not MySpace. On MySpace, those old friends that I would rather not reconnect with and even ones I lost touch with on purpose seem to be able to find me.

I like Facebook because it has a larger range of ages and most people have snapshots of themselves in regular attire (or at least actual pictures of themselves). It seems to be for the regular “Jo.” I like Facebook because it’s fun to post silly little updates letting everyone in your friends network know you have a life and we are all “real.” I LOVE Facebook because I can pick and choose the most adorable pictures of myself and my family (mostly my family) to post for everyone else to admire and envy. I HATE MySpace because other people can post horrible, awful pictures without my consent or approval, leaving all of THEIR friends to think that I look like a creepy scarecrow.

I like Facebook because I can use it to connect with friends and people I work with and my old school mates. I can support my causes like suicide prevention and being green, and not support things I don’t like. Others can support me too, in fact I was even sponsored for my suicide prevention walk last month. Not MySpace because I can’t figure out how to get relevant stuff on there.

Jonelle Tannahill's Profile | Create Your Badge
Jonelle Tannahill's Facebook profile

Basically, I enjoy Facebook because it is a place for me to reconnect with friends and stay in touch with family -- and the added bonus is I don't feel like the mom who is on there to monitor her kids, but instead I am the mom who is one there because my friends are on there too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home