Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Saturday, April 3, 2010

A fun SWAP to try


This next month I am attending another clothing swap. With spring nearly here it's time to put away my winter coats and clothes and focus on some lighter colors and fabrics. I'd like to try something new. We all have those accessories we are tired of or bought and realized they just were not "us."

Why not swap them with your friends? It's a great way to get rid of closet clutter and get some new and fun items to try. Items you maybe would have never considered before. Not to mention it's a great excuse to get your friends together and it's easy on the budget.

Let's see... First I will send an evite a month in advance so everyone can clean out their closets. Then I'll ask my friends and family to gather all of their gently used accessories that they would like to swap and bring them to the party. I'll ask them to bring their favorite appetizer to share too. Why not make it easy on me too.



Here is what I might suggest they bring:

jewelry -- earrings, necklaces, broaches, bracelets, rings
purses, wallets
belts, scarves, sunglasses
hats and hair accessories-- barrets, headbands, scarves
socks, gloves, ski goggles and more

Before the guests arrive, I'll set up stations that will have that particular type of accessory. I'll get creative! I'll use wine glasses and martini glasses to place the bracelets in, hang necklaces on a colorful bulletin board, and use serving platters to showcase the earrings.

Don't forget…

Remind your friends that if they are uncomfortable giving away something expensive, leave it at home last thing we need are hard feelings. Any plastic cheap or junky jewlry can be given to those with young girls for a dress up box.

Donate any remaining items to your Cancer Thrift Store or Goowill.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home