Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Royal Wedding Tea

Breakfast fit for Royalty!

I waited and waited for my invitation to the Royal Wedding, and well the British royals made a mistake. They left me off the invite list. So again, as I did when Princess Diana married that two timing Prince Charles I will watch it again in my family room at home.

Instead of ringside in Westminster Abbey, I’ve decided to host a breakfast and watch the wedding of the young prince and princess-to-be on the TV with my other Royal watching friends.


More than 750 million watched Lady Diana Spencer and Prince Charles' 1981 wedding in the early morning on TV, and despite the very early hour, royal watchers predicted even more eyeballs were on the wedding of the royal golden boy who will one day be king of England, and his future queen.
The Prince William and Kate Middleton ceremony was broadcast live, starting at 2 am, but I taped the festivities on my DVR so we could start our breakfast at 8:00am. I even took Friday off so I wouldn’t miss the Will and Kate kiss on the balcony of Buckingham Palace.



Each guest brought their English favorites, scones, lemon curd, mini muffins, mini quiches, cookies and more.  The food, of course, was fit for a future king and queen!

Speaking of guests, we did forgo dress in wedding attire, and because of the early hour, we dressed casually, though a few did look smashing in their hats.

We made up royal names by combining the name of your first pet, name of the street you lived on and your last name.  I was Lady Misty Ashley Tannahill – what fun!  My daughter, Makay was Lady Honey Colorado Sanders.  Not only were my wonderful friends in attendance, but also my beautiful daughter, Makay and her two cute kids!


Overall, it may not have been as great as seeing the wedding in person, but we all still managed to have a splendid time!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger sloboho lifestyle, Life in the Slow Lane said...

I think you always were British at heart anyway performing "high teas" and baking great treats! A great tradition to hand down to your lovely family...<3

August 21, 2011 at 10:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home