Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Tennessee Music Highway - Tennessee USA

Memphis in December


"From Elvis and Tina Turner to Carl Perkins and The Kings of Leon, the Tennessee Music Highway is the most important geographical location of musical influence on the planet."  http://tnmusichighway.com/  This was the stretch of road for me today.

First thing I noticed when I walked off the plane was how polite everyone is. The moment you step off the plane there are senior greeters, there to say welcome to Memphios and give you direction to your next gate, the baggage claim or a quick stop for food or shopping.  I also noticed that most everyone  was reffering to me as  "Mam" and in a completely positive, well manored way.  And never mind that it made me feel a bit "old"

I rented my car (Budget, and yes it was a "budget" especially for a one way rental) and hit the road for my first three appointments.

With an afternoon free we shopped at Worlds Away www.worlds-away.com.   We went there to see interior furnishings and accessories that are sold in the larger and finer department stores.

My recommendation is to give yourself plenty of time to go through the store.  There is so much to see and it's a little un-organized.  (See picture below)

What we discovered is that they carry seconds and returns, all priced to sell, off their retail floor. Many items are damaged with deeper discounts that reflect it.

World's Away also has showrooms in Atlanta, Chicago and Los Angeles.  This one in Memphis is their public outlet. Worlds Apart is located right next to the Liberty Bowl.

Designers can shop wholesale at Worlds Away, and anyone can browse the stock.  Their items are manufactured abroad and sold to high end store and through catalogs.  They carry small furniture, light fixtures, home decor and fabric from the company's collections catalog.  (TI went online and ordered their catalog when I returned home.)  If your in Memphis I say "Check it out!"

http://www.worlds-away.com/
Contact:
HOME OFFICE:
WORLDS AWAY
322 SOUTH HOLLYWOOD
MEMPHIS TENNESSEE 38104
(901)529-0844
(901)527-3406
PLEASE CALL FOR APPOINTMENT TO OUR
SALES MANAGER, NEAL EDWARDS

I found it!

The "ah ha" moment of the day was discovering the most delightful shoes.  Yes delightful and shoes in the same sentance.  These comfortable smart looking shoes were for sale in the back of the showroom.  These shoes are hand made by the Charleston Shoe Company and the owner of this showroom is the mother of the developer of these fantastic fabric shoes.



Www.CharlestonShoeCo.com

We loved the colors, simplicity and contemporary style. I decided to try on a few and they were indeed comfortable.  They are made of elasticated fabric, and they can be machine washed in cold water on the gental cycle.  (I saw directions on YouTube.com) I fell in love with the wedge bootie ( in black) and the flat brown suede pair.  I went online to see what else they offered and will be ordering the boots soon.  I'll keep you posted when I get a list of locations that sell these shoes and a review when mine arrive as to how they fit.







We had a long drive ahead the next morning, and bad weather to boot so I turned on my GPS and drove East on the Tennessee Interstate freeway. Highway 40 traverses the entirety of the state from west to east, running from the Mississippi River at the Arkansas border. We drove the stretch of land between Memphis and Nashville also known as the “Music Highway”  Driving across the state we noticed the landscape was beautiful and getting ready for winter. The trees barren of leaves now were thick and lined all the rivers and creeks.  More on my trip tomorrow

Jonelle'
 
 

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home