Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Ohio, land of the "Swing State"



I was in Ohio this past week. I went there for my work, and what a week I picked as both our President and opposing governor Mitt Romney was also there.  When I flew into Cincinnati every channel on the radio of my rental car was talking about the election, or a commercial for the candidate. Ohio is a swing state for National elections, thus an important state with sway come election time.




Besides being an important place to gain a vote I noticed EVERYONE had something to say about sports.  The state's major professional sporting teams include: Cincinnati Reds (Major League Baseball), Cleveland Indians (Major League Baseball), Cincinnati Bengals (National Football League), Cleveland Browns (National Football League), Cleveland Cavaliers (National Basketball Association), Columbus Blue Jackets (National Hockey League), and the Columbus Crew (Major League Soccer)
Another thing I noticed while driving from city to city was that there was a lot of Ohio Pride.  On the sides of old Barns I saw painted the state colors for their Bicentennial of a few years back.  I also was asked several times while looking at a map if I needed directions or assistance.  Nice!
People there are friendly and try to be helpful. 
The outdoors is a wonderland in Ohio.  So many walking trails, beautiful bridges everywhere and a very clean and tidy hiking trail system

Here are a few links to walking trails in Ohio
So next time you are looking for a State that will serve your need to wander, check out Ohio and their friendly hospitality.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home