Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Monday, June 15, 2009

FLOWER FARM


I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR FUN PLACES TO TAKE MY GRAND KIDS ON A LITTLE OUTING.

Ideally, I would like a place close to home, outdoors where they can't break anything and where I don't have to say "no". And an added benefit would be somewhere that has some great photo opportunities for the whole family -- after all, I do love to take picture.
Maybe even too much :) .

Sounds like a dream -- nope, it is a direction I am seeing business go, where they provide more than the sale of goods, but a true experience.

I have found that outdoor nurseries are popping up all over California. A place where you can do everything -- purchase plants, look at arrangements, shop, pick fresh produce, enjoy a cup of coffee, eat at the deli, and more. One place close to my home is the Flower Farm. I love their hand painted large wooden cow, and can't wait to get my grandsons and granddaughter there to snap a quick photo. I love the thought of having tea with my daughters on the patio while the kids run around nearby.

Whenever possible I do like to mix work and fun with an experience like this. Here you see a photo of a meeting I had with my friend Debbie Sipe who is the executive director of the California RV and Camping Association. We did get a lot of business done there, and a beautiful morning meeting outdoors.

Isn't California a beautiful place to work?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home