Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tea and Travel

Day Spa, Tea House, and Bed and Breakfast oh my!

The Emerald Necklace Inn is one of Cleveland Ohio's historic treasures.  It was built in 1863 at the time of the Civil War.  The Gilles family originally operated it as a Country General Store.  Today it is owned and operated by Innkeeper Gloria Cipri-Kemer. She enthusiastic about it's rich history and she would be delighted to give you a tour of the Inn when you arrive.
  
 

The Emerald Necklace Inn also hosts a traditional Tea Room.  What a comfortable and cozy experience it is to have tea in the Parlor.  Yummy snacks, lunches and teas are served daily.  I really enjoyed chatting with Gloria and learning more about the area.  She made wonderful recommendations for places to eat and visit while I was in town.





I also took advantage of their tea tasting while I was there.  The lunch includes is $19.95 per person and includes:




A Pot of Tea of your Choice



 
Seasonal cup of soup


Daily scone, bread plate served with
lemon curd, devonshire cream, preserve

You can choose from their grand selection of Teas.  They have more than 80 varieties of tea all of which you can also buy in the gift shop.
Here you see they are tastefully displayed here, and Gloria will refill your bottle of tea when you finish.  Very green of her I say.
Also included with your tea:
Assortment of three tea sandwiches
Quiche with fresh fruit
Chef's delightful dessert assortment 






They also have a gift shop complete with china, tea pots, warmers,  tea accessories and gift items. 

I ended up with 1/2 a day delay in my flight so I had some time on my hands.  I really needed a haircut and color so I enjoyed a full service salon visit with Gloria Cipri-Kemer   It was a relaxing opportunity to get a haircut, highlights and super scalp massage and I loved it when she was done!

She also offers mini facials, pedicures, massages, and a paraffin hand dip with hand massage.  Below are Gloria's parents in the gold oval frame.  Just an example how personal the Inn is and how much it feels like you are staying in a lovely "home" environment.

I also enjoyed a daily hike out back of the Inn.  There is a wonderful walking trail that took me to see several wonderful bridges and sights of the town.






   
Open Daily 11:30am
7 days a week


Phone:
Email:
Address:
440-333-9100
stay@emeraldnecklaceinn.com
18840 Lorain Road
Fairview Park, OH 44126
Part of the Greater Cleveland Area


           

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home