Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What to Place in Your Ziploc!


The famous Ziploc bag... You know, the one you expose to the entire world while traveling through security. I notice people in line who glance over as much to approve or disapprove of what or the amount that I bring. I get lots of free samples at stores or online and those come in handy -- especially for short trips. Things like face cream, eye cream, body lotion etc. comes in those foil packages and I toss them out when it's used up. The samples may not be the same product I normally use at home, but for a short trip I don't really care or notice any difference. Below is a list of items I travel with in my zip lock. Add your ideas below.

Travel Items Include:
* Hand sanitizer
* Suntan lotion
* Hotel-size bottle of shampoo and conditioner
* Hotel-size bottle of body lotion
* Hair products
* Facewash
* Face lotion
* Spray cleanser for glasses or Saline solution and contact lens holder-
* Mosquito repellent in individual sealed packs
* Stain removal stick (Tide to go)
* Sample viles of perfumes/after-shaves
* Ricola cough drops
* Neosporin in small individual sized travel packets,
* Toothbrush and toothpaste










It's all in travel size. If I run out, I can get more.
I downsize liquids into only 1-oz. each sized plastic bottles: shampoo, conditioner,

In the "dry" category, separate bag:
* Travel kleenex pack
* Tiny baby powder
* Stick deodorant
* Hair brush
* Toothbrush
* Small sewing kit
* Floss
* Razor
* Q-tips
* Tiny flashlight
* Bandaids
* Foil sealed Advil & Immodium floss
* Tweezers
* Nail file
* Hairbrush
* Lip balm
* Extra earplugs
* Safety pins
* Benadryl (works for allergies, motion sickness, sleep aid)
* Antihistamine tablets

Make-up Bag
* Make-up essentials (find out in an upcoming blog)

(I pack Hotel size products only if I know I won't acquire some along the way.)

Lastly, for longer trips or when I travel to a foreign country I bring a small ziploc bag as a "first aid" bag, containing a few over the counter meds. It seems easier to have them, then to try to explain to someone in another language I'm barely familiar with that I'm not feeling well.

2 days of blister-packed Tylenol Cold & Flu
cough drops
Half a dozen blister-packed Immodium
ibuprofen

tea bags in fun flavors, sweetener packs, in baggie

So now it's your turn to add to my lists and tell me what's in your carry-on bag....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home