Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Travel Wish for my amazing and independent "Little Women"

Ever since my first transatlantic trip in 1985, I’ve been stricken with the travel bug. There is no cure. Symptoms include a desire to wander to far-away places, hopeless daydreaming, and a joy brought on by traipsing on planes and trains. I do think my condition may be genetic as my mom and aunt both seem to have this disease as well. I think it wonderful when these sisters plan a trip, including each of their interests and passions. They communicate by phone and email keeping track of every detail. At least twice each year they take off for a week or two and spend that time bonding, and enjoying their very special relationship. I see this growing in my own girls, sisters in their own right, how they communicate and hang out together and bond.

These are my daughters, and their children. As a mom I want so much for each of them. I stop and think the thing I want the most for them is to experience new culture and introduce them to foreign lands.

My Mom Marlene and her sister Nancy -- friends and travel partners for life...

I remember the first thrill of traveling alone, the fear at being in a place where no one spoke my language, and the joyful excitement of setting off on a journey to a new place. I see my daughters as adventurous and eager to learn. I hope that they will travel perhaps together to new destinations nearby and far away places. Learning new things about our state, our country and other lands as well.

These three gals are amazing, each striking a cord in her own way. My hope for them is to learn to carve out the time, as their grandmother has, to gather together and travel. I know it's more complicated with having kids, but well worth the effort I can assure them.


My daughters (L to R) Kelsey (20) Makay (22) and Jenna (23) "Sisters" today, and 20 years ago (L to R) Makay (with Micky Mouse doll) Jenna and Kelsey on her lap.

If they are open to travel, you will see and do many things, and why not together with those you love the very most. I always think the key to successful travel, is to be open to new experiences not only of the road, but with each of your sisters.


Some links I found interesting:

Gutsy Women Tours Gutsy Women tours are up to 40% less than traveling independently.TourVacationsToGo.com

Crooked Trails, an amazing developmental travel company, talking about traveling with a purpose - Mary Jo Manzanares from Fly Away Cafe.)


On What's Past is Prologue: A Salute to Gutsy Women Travelers


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home