Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Friday, June 22, 2012

Unique and Personalized Rooms

Make each room "Unique and Personalized" with things you LOVE


I don't know about you, but when I come away from a home tour or traveling I always take some pictures of projects I want to make. 

I love these old soft leather antique gloves.  It was the practice for ladies to wear gloves when going out and they would feel naked without a fine pair of gloves. Like the rest of a lady’s outfit gloves could be formal or informal. Formal gloves were often made from leather.  These gloves are custom-made of kid leather, also known as kidskin.  In the olden days, ladies took off their gloves to eat unwillingly since they put fingerings and rings there over.   Unfortunately, the gloves I have are too small for my hands.  It occurred to me that they might make a nice "holder" for my rings:
A project I made last year is a lamp out of an old tea pot.  I found a second tea pot that is very similar in size and a second shade that is the same, so now I am making this lamp into a pair of lamps for my buffet.  I like the finish "not polished" as it feels more rustic.  But you could easily polish it and add a silver picture frame and accent.  This greyish silver lampshade has a patterned liner and when the lamp is on you can see the pattern through.  I also use energy efficient light bulbs so I can leave this lamp on all night when we have guests.



A handmade pillow is sure to make your room unique and personalized and give your home the exact feel that you desire.


Throw pillows for indoor or outdoor spaces are typically square in shape, anywhere from 14x14 to 18x18 inches. Consider making a large cushion-like pillow quite a bit larger—24x24 or 26x26 inches.
Measurements will be different if you plan on a different shape or to match the shape of a special hankerchief or scarf (like the one pictures). Throw pillows are also sometimes round, cylindrical (like neck rolls and bolsters) or rectangular. Also consider body pillows and shaped pillows. You can either stitch the shape yourself and fill it, or buy a pre-made pillow to cover with the fabric of your choice.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home