Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Inspiration is Everywhere this Spring!

My friend Judy and I went to the Roseville downtown Antique Fair a few weeks ago and found some really cute and functional ideas that inspired us. One item I found was an antiques silver tea pot made into a lamp. I loved the functional use and the silver pot is synonymous with tea and refinement. I must admit my mom gave me a small silver set, complete with cream and sugar. It was in a bad need of a polish so I went to work getting it back into shape. I love it so much I couldn't bare to drill a hole in the top and bottom rendering it useless in the future. So I found the below for $9.00 at the Discovery Thrift Shop in Bakersfield (By the way that was an incredible thrift shop with loads of vintage items all priced very low.) Here is the before:



And here is the After (which Richard, so thoughtfully helped me with):



ReMix - Something old made into something new. I took old unused & mismatched silver tea pot made it into a lamp. Thank you Richard, for drilling, cutting and handling the electrical. OXOX

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home