Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

DIY: House (smells) Beautiful

Fresh flowers look nice in old tins
I enjoy a clean smelling house.  These are some of the ideas I use to ensure a wonderfully smelling home...

1.  Spray sheets with a roseoil or fabreeze 
2.  Hang out rugs and cloth-based items to bring the smell of outdoors inside
3.  Use herbs and scented woods, scattered throughout the house, along with essential oils in the bathrooms
4.  Display fresh cut, fragrant flowers as often as possible
5.  A candle burning (a lit candle should only be burning while you are home and in that room)
Hanging runs outside really keeps them fresh.

I have also recently discovered the "Spin Fresh" idea (the scented toilet paper roll holder).  It is used by placing a drop of essential oil on the inside of a regular cardboard toilet paper roller. The essential oil soaks into the cardboard and smells fresh for weeks. When the paper is gone, I put the cardboard in the vanity or linen cabinet, until the scent is exhausted, to keep the stored towels and linens smelling great also.  I think hiding the extra rolls is essential, except in my guest bathroom, then I keep one roll out for easy replacement.  See some ways to decorate that roll below:

I like the small "tin" star.

I have some small bags made out of burgundy sheer fabric that I use to "hide" the roll.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home