Sharing inspirations on Home, Travel and Fashion while solving the mysteries of each. We love to create a new fashion “look” a room redesigned or an itinerary imagined. Home travel and fashion blogger Jonelle Tannahill takes you behind the scenes to meet Innkeepers, fiber artists, fashion stylists and museum curators to give you the latest in lifestyle trends.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Micke Grove Japanese Garden: Bringing the Outside In

While on a recent trip to Lodi, California, my niece and I visited the Micke Grove Japanese Garden.  Julie and I enjoyed the trip and I was inspired by the beautiful and unique gardens.  As we were walking through I thought of different ways that I could bring the outside-in in my design work.  I could visualize these amazing views through french doors to a living room using these muted neutral tones in a minimalist design style.

While on the tour, I also learned a great deal about Japanese Gardens.  The gardens are influenced by three religions.  Shintoism is expressed in the use of stones, Buddhism is visible in the use of lanterns and Taoism is manifested in the islands.  

 

I appreciated the architecture seen in the buildings and bridges throughout the gardens.  The red arch bridge is of typical Japanese design and includes eight bronze lotus flower bud finials.  I loved the color contrast of the bright red bridge against the lush greens, browns and grey tones of the gardens and stones.  I can always appreciate a trip in which I learn something new and become inspired for future design ideas. The trip to the gardens was an amazing experience to share with my niece.



Check out my blog next week to see my color swatches and room inspiration from this trip!
-Jonelle

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home